Thursday, September 10, 2009

Optimism Can Take You Anywhere

Hi friends. I hope you've all had a terrific Thursday. School has been busier than ever this past week. Group presentations, online quizzes, meetings, and problem sets have completely consumed my weekdays. My calendar looks like a bad attempt at an artistic project, there are so many highlighted items on it. This quote has really helped get me through the week:

"Optimism can take you anywhere."
Three cheers for optimism!
---

A few readers asked me about how I make my Protein Powder Pancakes, so here is the quick & easy recipe:

Vanilla Protein Powder Pancake with Smucker's Sugar Free Syrup and fresh fruit

Ingredients
1 scoop of Protein Powder Mix
2 Egg Whites
1 Tablespoon of Milk
Cinnamon
Dash of Baking Soda

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Whip the batter until the protein powder is dissolved. Pour the mixture into a frying pan and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on both sides. Drizzle on your favorite syrup, add fresh fruit, and enjoy!

Ben & Jerry's White Chocolate Iced Latte

This White Chocolate Macadamia Nut CLIFBAR is the perfect energy booster and study snack. It packs in an amazing 9g of Protein and is made with all natural and organic ingredients. Besides the Carrot Cake Clifbar, WCMN is by far one of my favorite flavors.

A simple & delicious Fall dessert:
Stonyfield Farm Organic Greek Yogurt mixed with pureed pumpkin, cinnamon, and a dash of sugar.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Salad with Kraft Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette, tomatoes, pickles

Have a great weekend. <3 HBB

**Thank you so much to Heather for the Giveaway treats! I'll be having my first GIVEAWAY on my 50th post. Get excited!

23 comments:

  1. yum, your protein pancakes look great! i add cottage cheese to my blend. the fresh fruit looks epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i HAVE to get my hands on that Clif bar flavor. All i can find are the cho. chips and peanut butter.

    you're quite creative with you yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm loving the yogurt, pumpkin, cinammon mixture - sounds so good!!! I'm dying to try that clif bar...that too sounds incredible.

    Sorry your week has been so hectic - hope it calms down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your positive thinking in this post girl :) optimism is sooooooooo much cooler than negativity, no?!

    hope you catch a break asap my doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote.. puts a positive perspective on the world. That salad looks yummy. Did you make the chicken yourself? If so, what'd you put on it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. man yogurt pumpkin and cinnamon sounds sooo good right about now! School sounds so busy..yikes! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Bravo TV was the only channel I had, I would be set!

    I love that quote... definetly need to read it on those busy UF days:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pancakes look great! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, I love protein pancakes ... that's pretty much exactly how I make mine too but I add some ground up oats as well with some agave nectar :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey dear! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I can't wait to catch up on yours. You are being put on my reader! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pancakes!! Love the fruit!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, you are so sweet Shannon. Glad I could help increase the optimism! ;)

    LOVE that recipe for those pancakes. What a great, simple breakfast or snack!

    And you look so gorgeous in that picture hun... that necklace is adorable!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great attitude, Shannon! You're right...great optimism will take you far! Just keep on smiling and trucking, and you'll do swell!

    Thanks for the pancake recipe. I MUST make them soon sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have actually never used protein powder, but it looks versatile, so I may have to snag some soon! Can't wait for the giveaway! Have a a wonderful/hopefully restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am definitely going to try out that pancake recipe...sounds delish!

    Hope you have a great day, love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. White Chocolate Iced Latte looks amazing!
    I love your salad too, the addition of pickles is my thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum, that pumpkin pudding and white chocolate iced latte look amazing! Thanks for the great pancake recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ive never had ben and jerry's coffee, but that looks refreshing!!!

    Love the protein pancake action too! those things are so filling! I like putting PB or PB2 on them too! :)

    I love that quote. I should post it on my desk or something, ya?

    happy Sunday beautiful lady!!! I love your long gorgeous locks!! i just got my hair cut and it's still long......but too short for me :(


    take care ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally understand how busy school can get, hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just thought I'd say hi to a fellow beach bum.

    I must say that I can not stand the taste of Cliff Bars. I know a lot of people swear by them but I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete