Monday, September 14, 2009

A Hamburger Makeover Story

Hi friends, I hope you all had a great weekend.

Tonight, I took my first Entrepreneurship exam and it went really well
. Overall, I'm very excited about my classes this semester. It seems as though more of my teachers are giving tips and tricks of the trade, instead of just presenting material straight from a textbook. As a student, this new teaching method is considerably more engaging.

Now onto the eats:

Dannon Activia Light Blueberry Yogurt
I personally like Activia a lot better than Dannon's Light & Fit Yogurt. What makes Activia different? Activia contains Bifidus Regularis, a special probiotic that helps food pass easier through your intestines.

The Dannon website states that: "Eating, as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, Activia every day for two weeks delivers enough Bifidus Regularis to help regulate your digestive system by helping with slow intestinal transit."

Interesting!

Parmesan Crusted Chicken with honey mustard and side salad. This time, I added basil to the Parmesan cheese mixture and it tasted ten times better. Isn't it crazy flavor-wise what herbs can add to a meal?

Diet Pepsi

A Hamburger Makeover Story Ingredients:
- 1 Boca Burger (70 Calories)
- Lettuce, tomato, onions
- Arnold Select Sandwich Thins (100 Calories)

Two simple steps: Build your burger and then enjoy! Compared to McDonald's 540 Calorie Big Mac, this burger is definitely a healthier bet.

Arnold Select Sandwich Thins Review: After eating way too many wraps this past week, I decided to mix things up and try Arnold Select Sandwich Thins. I'm so used to using basic, fluffy hamburger buns, that I have to admit, I was somewhat hesitant to try these. To my pleasant surprise, Arnold Select Sandwich Thins definitely delivered on the "yum factor." The Multi-Grain roll was hearty, healthy, and topped with little seeds that made it even more appealing.

Enjoy your week! <3 HBB

**2009 Foodbuzz Blog Awards Nominations are currently in effect. Nominate your favorite bloggers!

Follow me on Twitter for more Healthy Beach Bum adventures.



21 comments:

  1. those sandwich thins recently became available here, i dig them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious to try those sandwich thins; everyone seems to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to dive in and buy these sandwich thins that everyone loves. I love my whole grain buns but I will give these a try. Looks like a juicy peach!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boca + Sammie Thins = perfect Big Mac in my book! Love it. I also agree that Activia is SO much better than Light n Fit - I feel like Activia is soo much thicker and rich too. Love it!

    Enjoy your Tuesday!
    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen adverts for that yogurt, it's supposed to stop the bloated feeling.
    I'm having burger for dinner tonight, can't wait now.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. peronsally I love the boca sammie thin combo better than any hugh jass greasy mickey D burgs anyway. When it comes to the mickey d's mcflurries though, well thats a different story.. nothing compares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when teachers don't constantly lecture out of books! Giving their two cents is so much more interesting and engaging!

    Love your McD's hamburger makeover. I would probably have to add a decent amount of mushrooms, and possibly some Laughing Cow Swiss? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are enjoying your class! I miss school... Hehe. Sometimes, anyway!

    I am always amazed quite how much herbs can transform a dish! Basil + parmesan are a great match- oregano works well too. Do you make your own honey mustard?

    I *heart* diet pepsi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I <3 Activia yogurt! It's so smooth and creamy. Great burger, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've yet to try those Sandwich thins but this looks delicious! Definitely a healthy alternative to a burger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like activia! I have one basically every day. Whether it helps in the whole digestion area or not, I'd like to hope so, but it is definitely a delicious, healthy yogurt!

    YUMMY peach!!! I'm going to be so sad when their season is over. Better enjoy them while we can!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was pleasantly pleased with arnold sandwich thins too....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously am obsessed with Arnold's thins. Even to eat them plain by themselves. They have a semi sweet factor that is just addiciting!

    Have a wonderful evening dear!

    Sweet dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to pick up some veggie burgers asap! I have been craving one like mad and dont have the time to make them

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Yogurt is very good! But their marketing ploy Bifidus Regularis, is a bacteria made up by Dannon. There is actually no proof that their bacteria is any different than any other yogurt cultures.

    But thus the joy of marketing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so awesome that you guys have an entreprenaur(I'm so bad at spelling that word!) class. I wish my college offered that! Your burger looks delish, way better then any Big Mac:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw your boy is gone too?!!!!!!! We will hafta keep each other company! It stinksssssss...but luckily we have been video chatting, gchatting, and sending lots of pictures!! What do you do?!

    Love the Arnold Sammy Thins! I haven't had those in almost a year it feels!!!

    I need to try Activia.

    TAKE CARE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those sandwich thins look awesome! Which part of the supermarket do you find them in?

    I completely agree - teachers who share their experience in the field and relate what you do to actual work situations are so much more interesting than those who drone on off a powerpoint presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore Boca Burgers - I used to eat them all the time when I was a vegetarian. I need to make that burger - it actually looks more appetizing than a Big Mac; especially with the pickle on the side in place of fries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a huge fan of Arnold's Sandwich things. They are great for sammies and also great for 'toast' in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen those sandwich thins around, but have been sort of suspicious...are they actually filling? It just looks...well, thin? Lol!

    I like that your teachers aren't just straight-up textbook teaching. I LOVE that, esp in college when most of the time the teachers are SO passionate abt their subjects and are happy to learn more about it themselves!

    ReplyDelete