Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Love College Football

Happy Labor Day friends! I hope you've all had a very eventful weekend. Last night, I was lucky enough to watch the Florida Gators dominate the Charleston Southern Buccaneers in The Swamp. The final score was 62-3.

Absolutely nothing beats the excitement you feel in the stadium with the other Gator fans. Here's a 45 second video I took of me and the pre-game show:


I love being a Florida Gator!

Now here are a few of the delicious meals I've enjoyed recently:

Breakfast omelette stuffed with fried ham slices. I also had a delicious granny smith and a side of sliced tomatoes sprinkled with basil and Parmesan cheese.

Ok I'll admit it, I am a hazelnut iced coffee-holic. Recently, I went out of my comfort zone to try Yogi Tea: Berry Detox.

This particular Yogi Tea was very subtle in flavor. I did add a sprinkle of sugar to liven the tea up a bit. The package stated the Yogi Tea was supposed to cleanse my body, but I honestly couldn't tell if it did or not. ;) Maybe like the flavor, it had a subtle cleansing factor. So far my favorite Yogi tea is the Calming version.

**As a side note, I just learned that there is Yogi Cereal. Go on the Yogi website and customize your Yogi cereal based on: Mood, Flavor, Purpose. I chose Revitalized Mood and was paired with the Granola Crisps: Mountain Blueberry Flax. Hopefully I can find this in a local grocery store because it looks delicious!

BEFORE:
Stonyfield Farm Oikos Honey Organic Greek Yogurt with diced banana and PB & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl

AFTER:
All mixed up!

For dinner I made my favorite thirty minute meal: Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Honey mustard was the perfect dipping sauce for these crusted chicken bites.

Enjoy your day off tomorrow! Mine will be spent studying and watching online lectures. <3 HBB

**Giveaways Alert: The Lunchbox Bunch and Health, Happiness, and Hope

15 comments:

  1. Great eats! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that it's college football season too! I hate to give up summer, but I guess Penn State football makes up for the Fall a little bit....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a win! Sounds like fun :D I never heard of the yogi cereal- sounds awesome :D

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love football season. I 'll have to try out yogi tea! didn't know they had cereal as well, thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great game and what a score. I would love to try the Yogi teas, they're a little too expensive to buy a box and then if I don't like them they're wasted. I wish you could just buy a sample :)

    Taylor

    ps checkout my giveaway I have 2 parcels up for grabs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm liking the looks of your breakfast plate! So much variety. I have the Yogi in vanilla hazelnut and it's real tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. College football games are so exciting! Last yr our hockey team got to the Frozen Four nationals which was CRAZY for such a small town!

    I am not a big tea fan :-( I always add WAY too much Splenda if I do hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  8. That football game looks like so much fun! Totally wish I was there. :)

    LOVE your greek yogurt mix! Definitely my kind of snack.

    Thanks for the shoutout!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh I'm jealous that you're a Gator. That's the school I wanted to go to growing up.

    Your greek yogurt mess looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. woooo y'all kicked mayjuh tushy!! congrats chica.. reppin' the Gator pride :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Try the India Spice tea by Yogi if you haven't yet! I think it's awesome! It's definitely got the strength missing from the detox kind.

    Oh, football season, nothing like it! ;-)

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You like football?! lol My father played it professionally and I still can't get into it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my small liberal arts school didnt have a football team so i am excited to go see some games at my new school!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had oikos honey with peanut butter and fruit today too, love it! I can't believe Yogi makes cereal, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That chicken looks soo good!!

    We had had some oikos in my house when it was on sale, but now it is all gone and I'm already missing my greek yog! Tearrrrrr!

    HAPPY THURSDAY !!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete