Monday, August 10, 2009

Last Week of Summer

It's Monday! One more week at home and then back to the college grind. It's going to be a ROUGH semester.. so hopefully I can fit in 2-3 posts per week. It's my senior year, so I have to live it up. :)

You never know what kind of weather to expect in FL. The weather can be hot & sunny one minute, and then two seconds later be windy & rainy. This looked like a tornado.. but I guess it was the beginning of a crazy storm forming. Very scary!

Unattractive photo of some Cabot Plain Greek Style Yogurt-- I think we bought the wrong kind bc this definitely tasted like cream cheese. As soon as I get my car back, I'm going to use my Stonyfield Farm Organic Yogurt coupons. :)

Taco bites! Organic Mini Fillo Shells filled with ground beef, avocado, salsa, & cheese. These were yummy, but Pizza Bites are still my favorite. :)

Salad with parmesan crusted chicken, pickles, & Kraft's Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette

Canned peaches.. yum yum

I love my Publix Sushi. :) Crab, Cali, & Shrimp Rolls

I think the family and I are going to go on a mini road trip for a few days.. not sure where though. Should be fun! Have a great week. <3 HBB

PS I'm looking to buy a new camera that's preferably less than $150.. any suggestions?? Thank you!

19 comments:

  1. Ooooh loving the looks of those taco bites...yum! I'm so envious that you are about to experience your senior year; it is SUCH a fun time....I graduated from college about 5 years ago and I still miss it. Enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh have fun on your family roadtrip, girlie!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, enjoy every minute of your last year. College is the best times ever. Although I am back for another degree. My first time around was the best and I still miss it so much. Look forward to reading about your year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your last week to it's fullest hun! However, I'm sure you'll going to have a wonderful senior year!!!

    Yikes, that's a scary cloud. I think I would have been the one running to our basement to take cover. ;)

    Hmm... my older brother (also a college student) just bought a Canon Powershot. They come in different price ranges... I actually have a more expensive one and LOVE it, and my brother is extremely happy with his less expensive version as well. Check it out!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo a road trip should be lots of fun! That weather in Florida sure looks crazy!

    For the camera you could probably get one at Target. I believe that they sell Canon's for under 150.

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a great week before school starts back up :D
    wow that sushi looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are going to start school in two weeks.

    We used to live in FL, and those storms could come out of nowhere, and then BOOM, they were gone. Weird weather there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lovin' your little tart creations! I saw them at Wal-Mart and thought of your pizza bites!! May have to make some for my lunchbox for college--can't believe it starts up again SO soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the sweet message!! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words!! :)

    That parm crusted chickens salad and sushi (who doesn't love sushi?!) look amazing!! Actually my grocery store had free sushi samples. I definitely had one, waited 10 min, and went back and got a 2nd. :/ :)

    Have a lovely, smooth road trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is the coolest picture of the weather in Florida.

    Have a great road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you enjoy your last week of summer. I am sure you will have an unforgettable last year of school.

    I adore Wegmans (my local grocery store) sushi. I think its even a little better than some of the Japanese restaraunts I've had.

    Hope you had a fantastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your last week! My time is counting down, as well...and I have no idea what to do with the blog! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those taco bites. You got a great storm photo there and it does look like a tornado.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, those taco bites look so cute and delicious! Mmm and those peaches...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mini taco bites? Sushi? Tornadoes?

    This was a fun post girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm! Those taco bites look delicious!! As does the sushi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Shannon! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your header--so summery!
    I have such a soft spot for canned peaches for some reason. When I was little I would drink the "juice" from the can. Healthy, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SO jealous that you still have some college left to enjoy! EVERYDAY I dream about going back! Haha. ENJOY every last minute of it!!

    As for a camera - there are so pretty good ones out there for less than $150. Best Buy and Staples right now have nice Sony's and even Canon Powershots for right around that price range. I've used both and love both :)

    PS - that salad looks AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete