Monday, August 3, 2009

Tasty New Treats

Hi blog friends. I started this week out right with a 3 mile run and 2 mile walk along the water. Finally some motivation has come over me to get out and be active! I have to tell you, this Florida weather has not been pleasant. It is literally so hot, it's hard to breathe. Hopefully Mother Nature will knock the temperature down a few notches asap.

eggs with ketchup, sauteed onions + green pepper, avocado

Chicken nuggets & honey mustard.. typical :)

Bumble Bar Original Flavor With Almonds
My Review: I loved this bar! It was so refreshing to try something other than a Clifbar or Larabar (which I'll never stop loving!). This Bumble Bar hit the spot and I love that fact that they use organic evaporated cane juice instead of plain old sugar. Yum yum, gimme some.

Nutritional Information:
230 Calories, 20g Carbohydrates, 11g Sugars, 5g Protein

Ingredients:
Organic sesame seeds, Organic almonds, Organic brown rice syrup, Organic evaporated cane juice, Organic flax seeds, Organic extract of vanilla, Organic cinnamon, Sea salt, Natural Vitamin E for freshness, Processing agents: Organic sunflower/safflower oil

Now, onto Tasty Treat #2:

I discovered these Organic Mini Fillo Shells in our kitchen pantry. They're made with whole wheat flour and 3 of them are only 45 calories! Needless to say I've been experimenting with them. :) I'm not sure where my mom bought these, but I'm sure you can find other brands of these little gems.

Healthy "Bagel Bites"
First I filled the Mini Fillo Shells up with tomato sauce, sauteed onions, and shredded cheddar cheese. Next I baked them at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes and wahlah! Healthy bagel bites! These are sooo addicting and easy to make. I've been eating them non stop these past few days.

Time to read more of The Da Vinci Code..only 100 more pages to go! Nothing beats reading in bed with a flashlight. <3 HBB

18 comments:

  1. i obviously need some phyllo shells asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl! i have just discovered your blog and i love reading it. i know how ya feel of getting sick of having the same bars. i like how you are trying new foods. i have seen the bumble bee bars at the store but never really tried them. how were they?
    jenna
    http://jennaelise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughh... I hate this hot weather! I can't imagine how you cope in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see me grazing on those mini fillo shells. The Bumble bee bars do look good and different to most bars I eat. I'm guessing they don't retail in the UK :-)

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh--those little pizza cups looks so good! They are like healthy "bagel bites" that I used to always eat. haha--I love those things still! The healthy filo's are a great way to change it up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using Mini Fillo shells--they're super cheap and fun to create fillings. I featured to really good recipes for them here-->http://apinchofthisandadashofthat.blogspot.com/2009/02/recipes-revealed-food-for-thought.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Bumble Bars always look so good! I totally need to find some.

    Haha, I used to do that all the time with the book/flashlight under the covers. ;) Cna't wait to hear what you think of the book!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. healthy bagel bites?! yes please!

    i'm going to florida tomorrow so i def. hope the temps cool off! jenny does NOT look (or smell) good when she's sweaty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it cant cool down until im there for a little while, deaL!? and then ill transfer some of illinois's weather..but just until..like the beginning of september, because then it gets cold.

    that bumble bar looks...interesting, lol. kind of reminds me of bird seed :) but glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could borrow some of that Florida heat :) We're scheduled for 5 day of rain here in Calgary, Canada.

    Can't wait to see what you think of the Da Vinci Code!

    ReplyDelete
  11. not sure how you take that Florida heat. I can't even stand when it gets to 30 degrees over here lol!! P.s I love bumblebars <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh you have such a fun blog!! I have scrolled through the last 3 posts and have gulped (to prevent drool from escaping my lips) approximately 5 times. hahah You have such AWESOME eats and you take fabulous pictures of them too!!! I never though it'd want to try the bumble bar until i read your post. hahaha

    What an awesome blog you have!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried a Bumble Bar the other day and was very impressed! You can send that FL heat up my way to Illinois any day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow that bumble bar looks fabulous! Love all the seeds :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been wanting to try a Bumble Bee Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey just stumbled on your blog and wanted to say hi! Those bagel bites look delicious! and I've heard of the bumblebars, but have yet to try one! Your review makes me think I might ought to get on that!

    I'm hopin for temp change too... altho it's probably much worse in FL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I didn't know that's what the bumblebars looked like! Not what I would expect at all. But now you've said they're good, I may give 'em a try.

    Hooray for motivation to run :)

    ReplyDelete