Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi and then..Target?

Hey there! Today my mom, sister, and I drove to Tampa's International Mall and did some window shopping. All of those fancy, pricey labels are so intimidating! The Black Eyed Peas "My Humps" song with Fergie singing, "Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi and then Donna," is just not me! I am definitely a Target kinda gal. :) Any shirt over $15 is out of my league!

Total Cereal with blueberries and skim milk

Seneca Cinnamon Apple Chips

Apple chip up close :) These are SO amazing and I highly recommend them. They also come in 5 other flavors: Caramel, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Sour Apple, and Original.

At the mall food court I ate at Great Wraps: The New American Sandwich. I ordered the hot pressed Falafel Hummus Veggie Wrap. It was delicious! It had falafel, hummus, pepper jack cheese, romaine, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, red peppers, and banana peppers.

Confession: I love Planet Smoothie's "Frozen Goat Smoothie" that has coffee, bananas, chocolate, and yogurt in it. Instead of driving 5 miles to get one, I attempted to make it at home!

In my blender I added 2 cups of coffee, a big splash of milk, 2 handfuls of ice, 1 frozen banana, chocolate syrup, and 1 scoop of PB. The result? It was AMAZING!

Parmesean crusted chicken with onions + green pepper, avocado, & ancho-chipotle sauce

Have a great night! PS There is a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives marathon on if there are any Guy Fieri fans out there! <3 HBB

21 comments:

  1. I *love* window shopping at fancy stores. :D And that smoothie looks like serious yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I'm a bit of an expensive shopper... my favorites are Urban Outfitters, Express, Buckle, and Abercrombie. However, I know my limits and can't even imagine paying some of the insane prices at some fancy stores. My mom and I have had some major laughs just imagining buying a purse for over $1000!

    LOVE how you recreated that Frozen Goat Smoothie. Sounds amazing!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found something healthy to eat at the mall-- I'm impressed! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie
    I am happy to see from your last post you are gearing up for a new start. Its always hard to go through change, especially with relationships, but give it time, and you will get through it :)
    Those are some yummy looking eats, especially that wrap. My oh my, stufffedd with goodness.

    I am definetley gonna watch that marathon, I looovee it. And speaking of greasy eats, Paula Dean is another food network favie.

    Hope your having a great weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love window shopping :) I always do it with my mum!
    Dinner looks delicious..so summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooooove Diners Drive Ins and Dives! I definitely watched a little bit of it before bed last night! Some of that food looks really gross and greasy to me...but some of it looks mouth wateringly good! Especially if it is pancakes or waffles. YUM.

    Are you going to watch the season finale of Next Food Network Star tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The apple crisps look lovely, I'll have to see it there are any brands in the UK.

    Love the wrap too.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Target kinda girl too, though it is fun to window shop sometimes:) That goat smoothie looks absolutely incredible, I must try to recreate it! Have a nice Sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. girl target is totally chic ;) i frequent there far too often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love window shopping! i am like you i thrift for my clothing! totally watching the marathon for sure, have a great day girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. this post just made me love you even more!! uggh, okay, i can understand splurging every once in a while...but some people are SO ridiculous! seriously...why do you need a $200 + purse? This reminds me of when i was little and would buy a cute little purse, and then i wouldnt have any money to put in it lol. i love, love, love me some target!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE target. But I go in for one thign and come out with 10 every time!

    That salad looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm definitely a target girl too! Who wants to spend all that money when you can get ten times more for the price of one expensive item?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on the trendy clothes...no thanks! After all, material is material!

    I've had those apple chips before and they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol you are just as frugal as me! We would be good shopping buddies.
    I LOVE those apple chips! They are so expensive though...:-( Well, sometimes the taste is worth the price! Have you tried Panera's Fuji Apple Chicken salad?

    ReplyDelete
  16. We go to that mall every year we come to FL! It's so fun to look and browse the glitz and glamour! I will only buy designer duds at thrift stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yum! I love apple chips--those look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh baby that wrap is rocking my boat :) haha
    The apple chips sound great - I will have to give them a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ok..your dinner looks fab...I need to recreate that somehow, somehow!

    I LOVE diners drive-in's and dives....my goodness I once saw this episode where they had a stack of fried onion rings the size of my head. It looked glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. For some reason that bowl of cereal is looking DELISH right now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm kind of late to the post but I just came across it through foodbuzz. Agreed about lima beans and $15 target shirts, I love me some Target!

    ReplyDelete