Saturday, June 27, 2009

Where The Peaches Grow

Hi everyone. :)
I'm currently blogging from Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta, Georgia. Thank goodness I finally found some wireless!

Fitness-wise:
It is so HARD to run on these hills/mountains up here! I ran for 45 minutes today and I seriously thought I was going to keel over. My mom and I also hiked 1.3 miles up Stone Mountain, so we're getting a lot of exercise in. :)

Time to share some of the food I've been eating along the trip!

Eating a banana at a KOA campground.
We stayed in a cabin one night to take a break from driving.

Starbuck's Coffee Frappe mmm

We ate lunch at The Whistle Stop Cafe, from the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes."

Eating in the cafe. :) It was so yummy!

Fried chicken, coleslaw, pickled beets, cornbread
The cornbread was not the sugary kind, but still so good.

My mom ordered the fried green tomato salad.
Of course, I stole a tomato from her. :) The tomatoes were HUGE and yummy.

My sister got country fried steak, gumbo, fried okra, & cornbread

Car Food:

Caribou Coffee, Iced Vanilla Coffee
My Review: It was good, but not as good as bottled Starbucks frappes!

McD's Happy Meal
(I miss these things SO much! And ironically it made me happier!)

6 McNuggets, honey mustard, Apple Dippers, & caramel sauce

Reduced Fat Milk and grapes

Camp Food:

Cottage cheese, grapes, banana, water

Lemon Zest LUNA Bar

Pear & beef jerky

Turkey sandwich w/ honey Dijon and coleslaw,
strawberries, apple

Cobb salad w/ chicken, tomatoes, boiled egg, carrots etc.

That's all for now folks! Tomorrow we're driving further north to a different campground. I promise to comment on your wonderful blogs as soon as I get back home. Hope you are all having a great weekend!

<3 HBB

15 comments:

  1. girl you totally just inspired me to pick myself up a happy meal asap! what was your toy?!?! .. i hate myself for being 100% serious and interested.

    sounds like you are having such a blast girl.. wish i snuck in your suitcase and joined you :)

    travel safely!
    xo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy meals are my go to meals of choice at mcd's...sometimes if im feeling extremely happy, i will get a mcflurry too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cornbread, especially Whole Food's. Wow 45 minutes running through hills sound intense! Glad to see you had such a great weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I need to find fried green tomatoes up here! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon,

    Hi! Before I go any farther I just want to introduce myself because my mother instilled a very strict attention to proper etiquette at a very young age. I’m Emily. :D
    Now that I’ve satisfied my inner Emily Post I can let you know that I recently did a makeover of Shelby’s blog, La Belle Vegan. Check it out here: http://labellevegan.blogspot.com/

    I’m doing a giveaway for another special blogger to redesign there site. If you are interested drop by my site and check it out!

    Lemon Zest Luna is my favorite!

    With Love,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great! so cool you went to Whistlestop cafe- I didn't think it was a real place! Love the movie :)

    enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! :) looks like you're having a tremendous time with some DELISH eats!!!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee frapps!!

    Have a great rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you're enjoying your trip. It looks like so much fun!!! And I love how the great outdoors give you so many oppoortunities to get in some fun exercising.

    LOVING the coffee frappuccino girl... you know I'm addicted to those! I've had those Caribou Coffee's before, and they don't even compare to the Starbuck's! :)

    Hooray for Happy Meals!!! Did you keep your toy??? ;)

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. your an exercise machine :D haha
    aww happy meals are so much fun!!! i used to collect the toys! good times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iced vanilla coffee sounds wonderful. All the food looks amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've never seen cornbread in a pie slice shape before!? i love it!!! (that may seem so random, but i have no shame in getting pleasure in the simple things)...

    looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too cool you ate at the Whistle Stop Cafe! I adore that movie and I drool over fried green tomaters. So flippin good!

    Looks like a great trip so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I gave you an award - make sure you get it! http://caffeineandlaughter.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-like-big-butts-and-i-cannot-lie.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow I'm so glad to find your blog...you eat so free and normal and good! All your eats are SO delish...un-sugary cornbread! Oh wow I wish I was there to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh I love Happy Meals! Actually I like the Mighty Kids meals better lol. Do they still have those even?! And those strawberries looks so fresh and delish!

    ReplyDelete