Thursday, August 13, 2009

Moonlit Walk

It's almost Friday! Tonight my mom and I walked for an hour out to the local marina. It was so gorgeous and peaceful with the moon reflecting on the smooth water. I'm gonna miss the beach so much when I get back up to my landlocked school. But I can't wait to see all of my friends!

scrambled eggs with salsa, onions, and avocado

Daily iced coffee with hazelnut creamer

This Bear Naked All Natural Fruit and Nut Granola is SO good. I've been eating about 2 packs per day because that's all there has been to eat in the house lol. But they are just so yummy!

Some good ol' cherries

Crisper's Steak and Bleu Flatbread. So good! The crispy bread was topped with steak, bleu and asiago cheese, red bell peppers, red onions and came with horseradish dipping sauce.

Crisper's Summer Salad w/ extra candied pecans ;)

That's all for tonight chickadees. I've been working on a scrapbook for my mom's birthday for the past week! Who'dathunk these things would take so long and cost so much money! I don't think I'll be making one of these again for awhile.. it does look pretty though. :)

Night night. <3 HBB

16 comments:

  1. OMG, scrapbook making is the most expensive thing EVER. I should know, because I used to do it and spent an exorbitant amount. Never again!
    And aaww, how nice to walk by the beach with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DId you make the candied pecans yourself?! I'm looking for a healthy-er recipe for them...ever since spending the summer in the south I've been HOOOKED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yu! that salad looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the iced coffee--I am a self proclaimed addict! Oh well, right? ;-)

    I have never tried candied pecans--sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you have a store called tuesday morning? they have ann asile of scapbooking stuff that is uber uber cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An hour walk at the beach sounds divine right now while I sit at my desk. Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that sounds like an awesome walk with your mom--nothing beats the beach!
    I'm dying to try that Bear Naked Granola, I keep hearing how good it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh Crispers...I forgot about that place!!! I used to go all the time when I lived in Florida..it always reminded me of Panera. And it's so good!!! I LOVE that salad you got...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey :) thanks for the comment girl. your eats look good and I'm totally with you on scrapbooking. I love coming up with ideas and the sentiment behind everything but they're near impossible to actually complete! good luck with your mom's

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy looking eats as always!

    thats so nice you are making a scrapbook for your mom! I agree, super time consuming, but so worth it, cause now she will have a beautiful collection of memories, and best part is you made it for her :) Awesome idea.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw scrapbooks are so fun and special! i'd love to see pics of the finished product :)

    bearnaked granola is the best! the banana nut flavor makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought of starting a scrapbook - then I realized how expensive it would be. Not the hobby for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow- that flatbread looks like something I would LOVE!

    I think that's so cute you walked with your mom for an hour. I kind of wish I was closer to my mom like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eggs and avocado are the bessssssst.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah scrapbooking IS time consuming isn't it?! i like doing it for others b/c then i actually do it (as opposed to for myself, where it just sits for years)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello :)
    I like the title of your blog (it's very appealing to someone who passes most days land locked...)
    Your breakfast looks so delicious. I am an everyday iced coffee drinker too. I can't think of a better way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete